[humanser] HHS SOAR to Human Trafficking Training

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Thu Aug 25 23:15:18 UTC 2016

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

My name is Margeaux Gray and I am the National Survivor Network Executive Committee, Public Relations Chair. I wanted to reach out to you to share some information about a training on human trafficking for health care and social services professionals that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is launching this month called the Stop, Observe, Ask, Respond (SOAR) to Human Trafficking.

To ensure that we inform as many people as we can about SOAR, we would love it if you would be able to share our  <http://www.acf.hhs.gov/blog/2016/07/soar-training-to-combat-human-trafficking-for-health-care-and-social-service-providers-begins-in-august> blog post that announces the launch of SOAR, the SOAR  <http://www.acf.hhs.gov/endtrafficking/initiatives/soar> training dates, or the attached communications materials with your network of professionals.

Many victims of human trafficking encounter health care and social service professionals and remain unidentified. Potential victims can present with a wide-range of physical and psychological health issues and social service needs, and the SOAR training aims to educate health care and social service professionals how to identify, treat, and respond appropriately to potential victims of human trafficking.

We worked extensively with human trafficking experts and survivors to design this training to ensure that we have included the most pertinent information and resources, and will be offering SOAR both in-person and virtually during scheduled training this August and September.

Please see the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) SOAR webpage (http://www.acf.hhs.gov/endtrafficking/initiatives/soar) where you can register for an upcoming SOAR virtual training session. Select the registration links that corresponds to your availability and audience type (e.g., health care, public health, social work, and behavioral health).

SOAR to Health and Wellness Training | Office on Trafficking in Persons | Administration for Children and Families

You can help me get the word out about the SOAR by forwarding this email and information to anyone in your circle who is in health care, public health, social work, and behavioral health.

If you would like to talk further about SOAR, or if you have any additional questions, we would be more than happy to chat with you!

Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to a potential collaboration on this initiative.

Best,

Margeaux Gray

Email <mailto:mgrayky at ymail.com>  | Website <http://margeauxgray.com/>
Twitter <http://twitter.com/GeauxFreedom>  | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/geaux.freedom>  | Instagram <http://instagram.com/geauxfreedom/>