[humanser] Human Services Website

Miranda knownoflove at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:00:03 UTC 2017

Hello,
I just browsed the human services division website, and I have a few suggestions. First though, I want to say that the layout was very user-friendly with my assistive technology.
When I navigated to the personal testimonies, I expected to see testimonies by individuals who work  in the human services field as people with visual impairments. Under education and development, I was expecting to see information about developing as a human services professional, and maybe some general information about various positions within this field and the required education necessary to pursue such positions.
Yes, as a visually impaired college student, I fully recognize the need for accessible course materials. However, I was a bit confused as to the placement of these personal testimonies.
Also, I would like to see more in-depth information about the division's convention events, including the date that these events will be taking place, what this day of events will include, etc. Four instance, will there be workshops or breakout sessions related to various aspects of working within the human services profession? Will there be workshops or breakout sessions for students who are still growing and learning within this field? Will there be workshops and breakout sessions that explore various areas of the human services profession, and how these jobs can be successfully obtained and completed by individuals who are blind or visually impaired?
As someone who has received a great deal of guidance and encouragement from those on this list, I would love to see the website provide the same type of information. I do realize it is a work in progress, and I truly appreciate this growing resource. Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback.
Thanks again, and happy new year!

Best wishes, Miranda

Sent from my iPhone