[humanser] Job Interviews

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:16:34 UTC 2017

Do not mention that you are blind in your cover letter or resume unless you
are applying for a position where doing such will help you.  Other than
that, do not.
 As far as the transportation issue, if you feel you can do the job, than
apply.
That's going to depend upon area, context, reasonable accommodations, and
your own abilities to create way of getting from point a to  point b.
I'm not a proponent of just apply, then just figure out the transportation,
you should have somewhat of an idea of how you are going to get around in
your head before applying, but not knowing everything about the job means
you will probably have to adapt it some.  Certain accommodations can be
having consumers come to you, only working with people within a certain
radius, over the phone, skype, chat, or anything else you can think of.  I'm
going to take paratransit, or uber to some of my own appointments.   If you
have SSDI, you can use Impairef related work expenses (IRWEs) to pay for
transportation.  If you have SSI, you can use blind work expenses to pay for
transportation.  You can also find your own drivers, or another
accommodation is that your work can pay for drivers, though be careful
trying that one unless you work for a voc rehab agency, or one use to
persons who don't drive as employees.
Justin