[humanser] Information regarding an upcoming conference and funding opportunity

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Wed Mar 7 15:23:26 UTC 2018

Fellow Federationists,
A friend asked me to pass along information regarding an upcoming
conference that could prove to be beneficial for many of our future
leaders. There is a scholarship available to assist in funding to
attend the conference.

Her message is below:
Friends, as part of my job, I coordinate a fund that gives
scholarships to youth with disabilities to come to Washington, D.C.
for the National Council on Independent Living's annual conference. It
is a disability rights conference with lots of connections with other
advocates, and it involves an opportunity to participate in a march, a
rally, and an advocacy day on the Hill. NCIL defines youth as anyone
26 or under, and most of our scholarship recipients fall between the
ages of 18 and 26. The application for the youth scholarship can be
found here:
https://ncilforms.wufoo.com/forms/2018-ncil-youth-scholarship-application/

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me
personally and I will be happy to put you in contact with her.

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Graduate Student
Masters of Social Work Program
Texas State University

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.