[HumanSer] Accommodations with Pearson for Licensure NMHCE

43210 at Bellsouth.net 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 23 16:48:40 UTC 2021

Best wishes for the exam.

I understand that some notetakers, like the BrailleNote Touch Plus have an
exam mode.  Also, most newer braille displays have a note taking feature
that can be used without a connection to a computer or the internet.

And, you could use a slate and stylus if they will allow you to bring in
your own paper.
JD
-----Original Message-----
From: HumanSer <humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of James Boehm via
HumanSer
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 8:21 AM
To: NFB Human Services Services <humanser at nfbnet.org>
Cc: James Boehm <jboehm at nfbtn.org>
Subject: [HumanSer] Accommodations with Pearson for Licensure NMHCE

Good day.
 I will complete my final test in order to become fully licensed in
Tennessee. I have applied for my accommodations. I have double time, reader
writer, extra breaks.However, after studying for the NMHSCE, I found out
that test takers can take notes on paper as they read the scenario. I asked
CCE and they contacted Person to get permission for me to be able to have a
blank Word doc and just my screen reader available so that I may take notes
in an accessible way for me. They are denying the request. I am wondering
if anyone came up on this issues before and if you have any suggestions
that may help. I hope all are well on the list.
 Warmly,

James Alan Boehm  M.Ed, LPC-MHSP (Temp)

Contact Information
Phone: 901-483-1515
Personal Email: jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com Alliance Counseling:
JB at AllianceNashville.com NFB Email: JBoehm at NFB-TN.org Learning Ally:
JBoehm at LearningAlly.org Kustom Cane: kustomcane at gmail.com You Cane Give
Initiative: YuCaneGive at gmail.com

Embrace challenges for personal growth! Remember! Circumstances do not mean
sentences!