[Journalists] Screen reader for blind Arabic speaking journalists

Pat Chadwick (PChadwick@INTERNEWS.ORG) PChadwick at INTERNEWS.ORG
Mon Jan 10 19:18:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm hoping someone on this list can help me. I work for a nonprofit that supports independent media worldwide. We are trying to find low-cost or free screen reader software that works with Arabic for some blind journalists we are working with in the West Bank and Gaza.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the type of software - I have looked at SuperNova (aka Hal) that runs about $900 and Arabic Jaws which costs $1800. If there are no free or low-cost Arabic screen readers, does anyone have recommendations for funding sources for this type of project?

Thank you, Patricia Chadwick