[Journalists] Screen reader for blind Arabic speaking journalists

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Tue Jan 11 03:47:10 UTC 2011

Well, I think NVDA has support for many languages. It is free,
and you can download it at www.NVDA-PROJECT.ORG
Check it out, I am not sure though, if I am correct, but check it
out.

<PChadwick at INTERNEWS.ORG
>To: "journalists at nfbnet.org" <journalists at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:18:35 -0500
>Subject: [Journalists] Screen reader for blind Arabic speaking
journalists

>Hello,

>I'm hoping someone on this list can help me. I work for a
nonprofit that supports independent media worldwide. We are
trying to find low-cost or free screen reader software that works
with Arabic for some blind journalists we are working with in the
West Bank and Gaza.

>Does anyone have a recommendation for the type of software - I
have looked at SuperNova (aka Hal) that runs about $900 and
Arabic Jaws which costs $1800. If there are no free or low-cost
Arabic screen readers, does anyone have recommendations for
funding sources for this type of project?