[Journalists] freelance writer

Campbell, Elizabeth liz at star-telegram.com
Sun Jan 8 20:13:40 UTC 2012

hi Deborah,

Thanks for your great explanation.

RJ, most reporters have journalism degrees,and many of us also majored
in another discipline to make us more marketable, so to speak. In my
case, it was Spanish.
Many journalism schools encourage students to have more than one major.
I don't know where yu live, but have you read your local paper either
on Newsline or on its web site to get an idea of the writing style,
the issues covered and so forth. If you know of something that isn't
being covered that might be a way for you to get started. In other
words, send a short article to the city editor for instance just to
see what happens.

Liz

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/journalists_nfbnet.org/liz%40star-telegr