[Journalists] TV versus newspaper press release

River Linda waterinmyroom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:43:58 UTC 2015

Hello,

I was asked to write a press release for our chapter's meet the blind
event. I did, but was told it was way too long for a TV press release.

What is the difference between a press release for TV or radio versus the
newspaper?

My press release was one page and contained contact info, what the event is
about, the NFB one minute message, and a blurb about the NFB. If I need to
shorten this for TV/radio, what are the necessary items?  What is the
length -- few sentences, a paragraph?

Thank you.

Linda