[Journalists] New Member: Jewel

Jewel S. herekittykat97 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:28:13 UTC 2016

Good evening to all,
My name is Jewel Shuping, and I am a 30-year-old woman living in
Raleigh, North Carolina. I started doing freelance writing in
September of last year, and am very enthusiastic about writing. Right
now, I work from a site called Text Broker, ghostwriting articles and
blog posts. For example, my current assignment is for an article
comparing the 2016 Volkswagen Beetle convertible to the 2016 Mini
Cooper convertible. I have written 52 articles for pay so far, and a
few samples for my profile. My favourite category of assignments is
technology, and I especially love writing articles about how
technology has affected our society.

What I want to know is how to find clients outside of Text Broker. I
have one person who said he wants me to write blog posts for his
wedding-themed blog, but hasn't sent me any assignments yet. How do I
find other outside clients? I know I need to have samples of my
published work, but how do I do that when I'm a ghostwriter? After I
write an article as a ghostwriter, it becomes the property of the
client and I have no claim over it after that.

I'm really looking forward to learning the "trade secrets," so to
speak. Any advice is very welcome!
Sincerely yours,
Jewel Shuping