[Journalists] New Member: Jewel

Elizabeth Campbell liz at star-telegram.com
Tue Mar 29 21:50:47 UTC 2016

Hello Jewel,
Welcome to our list.

Congratulations on your freelance work.

I will suggest the following resources: The Society of Professional
Journalists, the Poynter Institute and a Facebook group called What is
your Plan B
All three resources have good information for people who work at
newspapers and in broadcasting as well as links to helpful web sites.
The plan B group is mainly for journalists who have been layed off, or
those comtemplating a career change.
WE also have a Blind Professional Journalists group on Facebook.

I would strongly suggest joining SPJ as there are different membership
levels whether you are a professional or a student.
Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Campbell
general assignments reporter
(O 817-390-7696