[Mi-abs] Kalamazoo Chapter Reformation Meeting 1/09

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Tue Jan 1 16:51:41 UTC 2019

Good morning and Happy New Year

I hope that this email finds you all in excellent health and spirit. I write this message with a tinge of excitement because with a new calendar year comes new opportunities and chances to cultivate our affiliate. I, of course, am referring to the reformation and reestablishment of the Kalamazoo chapter of the NFB of Michigan. Please take the time to view the informational flyer on the first reformation interest meeting of the chapter, taking place next Wednesday, January 9, at 3pm. We would appreciate all input and attendance from affiliate members, even if you are not in the Kalamazoo area. Also, please subscribe to the Kalamazoo chapter list serve, nfb-kzoo at nfbnet.org<mailto:nfb-kzoo at nfbnet.org>, , as information will be coming out on their prior to and after the meeting about chapter details and imperatives.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4A1C6.FB3FB580]
2019 National Federation of the Blind: Kalamazoo Chapter Interest Meeting

An opportunity to sharpen self-advocacy, confidence, and social networking skills for blind individuals and their community.
An open invitation to people with blindness and low vision in the Kalamazoo and Portage area, as well as community members that are interested in the advocacy, equality, and movement of the organization.
Discussions Include: Engaging dialogue about the reformation and direction of the chapter, opportunities for leadership roles, and connection with state affiliate members for information exchange on related issues relevant to people with blindness and low vision.

  *   When: January 9, 2019
  *   Time: 3pm
  *   Where: The Disability Network of Southwest Michigan

517 E. Crosstown Parkway

Kalamazoo, MI 49001

Refreshments will be served. For more information, please contact Robert Parsons, (804) 801-7674 or Rachel Pavone, (810) 701-1614.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
Board Member, Michigan Association of Blind Students
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas