[Mn-abs] Freedom for the Blind

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jan 6 03:19:11 UTC 2011

For me, using a long white, straight cane is a preference, I find
them to be more reliable and better tools than folding or telescoping
canes.  It does take a little practice in learning where to put it,
on planes I get a window seat and put it down between seat and
wall.  In cars, if in front seat, bring back end in first towards
back seat and lay down between seat and door.  then bring in front
end, make sure all in and shut door.  In back seat bring in tip end
first, and push forward between seat and door, until it lays
down.  Hope that makes sense.

Dave