[Mn-abs] Freedom for the Blind

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at usfamily.net
Thu Jan 6 03:36:14 UTC 2011

Oh, okay! I've never thought of doing it that way before.  But
now that you say that, I'm almost positive it'll work.

My mobility training hasn't come through the NFB (I haven't even
really explored it until recently) so I haven't done some things
that some on this list might.  I was just reading a little bit
about traveling in airports.  I'm flying to Tennessee in a couple
of weeks for a college audition.  My mother is coming with me,
but it'd be great if I could try to do at least some of it
independently.  Has anyone hear done it and can offer any
suggestions?

<mn-abs at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:20:26 -0600 (CST)
>Subject: Re: [Mn-abs] Freedom for the Blind

>For me, using a long white, straight cane is a preference, I find
>them to be more reliable and better tools than folding or
telescoping