[nabs-l] Legislative Priorities

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:59:07 UTC 2010

Hello,

Excellent newsletter NABS put out recently.  It was a nice break from my
current batch of federal proposals.  I was curious about a couple things.
Maybe someone can help teach or clarify.

First, my understanding was that Washington Seminar is an opportunity to
educate Congress, not lobby it.  There are IRS provisions regulating this to
certain nonprofit categories.  Has this changed?

Second, why are we pursuing the Technology Bill of Rights when instead we
could be pushing hard to ensure that the 21st Century Communications bill is
properly enforced?  I felt the nature of our NFB bill was ultimately
embodied in the latter.

Thanks for any information.

Joe