[nabs-l] Thoughts on the United lawsuit

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 22:59:09 UTC 2010

I feel the lawsuit is random.  Not every ATM out there talks.  We're not
suing financial institutions for not following Bank of America's example.
Not every touch screen credit card machine in checkout lines is accessible.
Why didn't we go after major retailers to fix this?  My point is that there
are interactions consumers are far more likely to carry out on a daily basis
than traveling by air, and of those traveling, how many of these are going
to choose United Airline?

One of the first things I was told when joining the Federation was that
restaurants do not need to have Braille menus because it is just as easy for
the customer to ask their server what the menu features.  So, how is this
issue of an inaccessible touch screen any different?

Joe