[nabs-l] Blackboard

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 17:48:32 UTC 2010

Please be very careful when selecting a school that uses versions other then
version 9.1 in which NFB has deemed accessible.  You may have to go directly
to the university or college Disability Services to gain that information.

If a school requires that one uses the discussion points, the only version
that is suggested is 9.1.  I see no reason in using workarounds with a
school when there is a version out there that will work for a blind student.
When we use exceptions in such a manner as this that causes more effort to
do the same work those with sight do not have to go through. If I have to
exude extraordinary effort, I prefer it to be on the content of my work, not
the effort to present it to a professor.

The NFB did not go through the ordeal of working with this company to build
an accessible version for us to continue to accept anything less. Especially
when one looks at the price it costs currently to attend.

Michelle