[nabs-l] Thoughts on the United lawsuit

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 20:54:24 UTC 2010

Hi Jorge,

I agree with you.  Let's hope a new initiative will come down soon from the
NFB to address the issue of unemployment.  I could be wrong, but the only
real step toward targeting the issue this past summer dealt with the
Randolph Sheppard Act, certainly a great program but not one into which a
lot of people should feel compelled to enter for the sake of being employed.
Filing complaints and taking up lawsuits on issues of inaccessible
technology is a roundabout way of making workplaces more accessible
(traveling more feasible?), but does little to change attitudes about not
discriminating against blind people in the first place.

Best,

Joe