[nabs-l] Calling all iPhone users

Darrell Shandrow darrell.shandrow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 02:16:52 UTC 2010

Hello Ben,

Consider not allowing the iPhone's touch screen to intimidate you. If
you can play with a friend's iPhone or take a look at one during a visit
to the Apple or AT&T Store, I think you might understand what I mean.

As of this time, there is still no OCR app for the iPhone that
approaches the capabilities of the K-NFB Reader. I am confident,
however, there will be one very soon, and the iPhone's other attributes
far outweigh, in my opinion, the capabilities of the phone on which the
K-NFB Reader is based.

There are two free mainstream apps that can quickly identify money. One
is called oMoby and the other is called Noogle Noggles. They use the
camera to take a snapshot and use a pattern-recognition algorithm to
identify objects.

You may visit http://blindaccessjournal.com for a demonstration of these
two apps, plus a number of navigation apps and adventures with the iPhone.

If you have seen an iPhone and are seriously interested in purchasing
one, there are many resources available to learn the iPhone.

Start by visiting http://applevis.com and check the guides and learn
about the apps that are accessible.

Regards,

Darrell