[nabs-l] microscope lab!

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 00:25:39 UTC 2010

Hello Nicole and others,
Like Nicole, when I was at Stanford and took several classes in the machine
shop, Stanford hired an assistant for me.  I think this is the appropriate
solution.  I would be totally opposed to you being required to rely on a lab
partner.  This is not fair to the lab partner, and necessarily puts you on
an unequal footing with the lab partner.  Also, your assistant should not be
your lab partner if others in the class have partners.  You should be
provided with an assistant to help you function independently, and you
should then be partnered with a lab partner like all the other students in
the class.
Best,
Dennis