[nabs-l] Independent Travel At Crowded MajorCollegeSporting Events

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 11 17:56:09 UTC 2010

Joe,
That's right.  That's why I haven't gone to huge events like the one Kerry
spoke of alone.  Instead I started small by going to school plays and
concerts and out to eat.  Later I may attempt large things with thousands of
people.  I think you need to build up confidence.  Otherwise as you say you
might have a rotten time and get so frustrated in the process.  So its fine
to build up to independence with no guides.  Maybe a few times use
assistance.  Then you'll be familiar with the layout and next time do it
alone.
Someday I'd like to attend a concert or play with thousands such as at the
Verizon center but I'm going to work up to that goal.  Even when I do go, I
might go with a blind friend and we can figure out things together.

Ashley