[nabs-l] New member

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 00:00:03 UTC 2010

Hi there. Are you in high school or college? If you're in high school, I'd
bring it up at the next IEP meeting. If you're in college, I'd contact the
disability support services and again approach your teachers. This shouldn't
be happening-- explain that in order for you to participate fully in
classes, you need to have the paperwork in Braille. Explain that you needed
to be treated as every sighted person in the classroom. You not having your
paperwork in Braille is a lack f preparedness on the part of the teacher,
and this is inexcusable. Another option you might want to consider is having
the teacher email you the assignment ahead of time, you print it out and
physically walk it over to the disability support services office.
Hope this helps.
Hope and Beignet