[nabs-l] Have any of you taken the LSATS?

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 20 22:04:35 UTC 2010

Hi Justin,
Great to hear from you.  As a matter of efficiency, it would be great to be
able to do the LSAT during college summers, but I don't know if that is
really possible.  I think the Kaplan course as an example, ran for six weeks
and it may have been even longer.  But that schedule is for sighted people.
It will take longer for someone blind because the study materials will not
be sufficiently accessible, or at least accessible to the degree that you
will need them to be.  For example, the section on logic games involves
diagrams, so getting the skills you will need from the training materials
will take extra time.  Moreover, you will need to develop   a technique that
works for you to do logic games on the exam.  Once you have developed the
knowledge and skills offered in the course, you will need to take endless
practice exams to apply those skills so that you consistently get the exam
scores you will need.  That will probably take more time than remains in the
Summer.  It's important not to feel pressured to take the exam to keep to an
arbitrary schedule, because the ultimate objective is to get into law
school.  I have often recommended to people both sighted and blind, who have
already scheduled the LSAT exam that they should cancel their scheduled exam
and forfeit the money, because they are not yet ready to do their best on
the exam.  One plan that I could get on board with would be to Take Kaplan
during a particular summer, then throughout the next school year continue
taking sample LSAT exams.  Then the following Summer, continue cramming
early in the summer then take the LSAT at the end of the summer.  I was
fortunate in that I prepared for law school after I had finished college and
grad school and I was working.  Where are you located?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Dennis