[nabs-l] dog v. cane

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:39:01 UTC 2010

I think people have said many good things on this topic, and I agree with pretty much all of them. The only thing I would add is that besides all the advantages that you already talked about, for me a big thing is that traveling with the dog is much, much faster. I used a cane for a long time and at least in my particular case, walking around with the dog literally helps me to get wherever I'm going twice as fast. At national convention last summer I realized that with the dog I was much faster than everybody using canes, and other dog users seemed to be faster too. Of course when you are busy or travel a lot being fast is important, but some people may really not care about it.