[nabs-l] dog v. cane

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Nov 23 19:11:52 UTC 2010

Not to be argumentative, but I can travel as rapidly as most any dog
user.  Whether a dog, or a cane, there is a continuum of abilities.

To me it is mostly a personal preference to use a cane.  One thing,
about using a dog, which hasn't been said, I think, is that there are
people out there who are against a dog, and will try and deny you
entrance to a restaurant, taxi, or other public accommodation.  While
you have the law on your side, you also need to be prepared to take
on this prejudice -- in addition to all the stuff we get as blind
people going through life.

Dave

         David Andrews and long white cane Harry, dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920