[nabs-l] dog v. cane

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Nov 26 16:58:20 UTC 2010

Nicole and others,

I am a cane user, but it does not particularly bother me to hear of ways the cane can be a pain.  There are definitely times when it is, and all of us who use
canes have to try to think about how our canes can affect others.  However, I've been in a number of discussions like this over the past fifteen years or
so, and as soon as we start talking about the negatives of either, someone will feel the need to point out the negatives of the other.  It doesn't take long
once we reach that point before someone gets mad.  I am not the moderator and am here  because I occasionally back up Dave Andrews with technical
problems, but I don't want to see discussion degenerate as it has always done in the past when we go down this road, and believe me, it always does.
<smile>

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson