[nabs-l] Looking for infoComputer programming

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:20:54 UTC 2011

Nicole,

I am asking on behalf of someone else.  They were a computer programming
minor, briefly,  back in 2000 (I know, hundreds of years ago!) and they
are considering getting a second degree in CPS.  We are just trying to
educate ourselves on some of the changes-- what may be different that
would be taught in the classes.

Also, at the time, they had significant vision and did not use
alternative technniques.  They now use alternative skills, but are
wondering what, beyond the normal tools, Braille, screen readers, etc.--
tools and/or methods may help in their studies and practical
application.  They are going to learn computer Braille, but we are
curious as to if anyone suggest other tools.

Thanks for any advice.

Bridgit P

Message: 1