[nabs-l] Subscribing to The Student Slate

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 22:26:40 UTC 2013

Hi Liz and all,

I'd like to apologize, as I have been very busy lately and missed
Roanna's other emails about the Slate, so I thought that you  were
only responding to her latest query. Knowing the full story  now, I
think your response was appropriate.
My last message was meant to be a general one to everyone about
communication with the NABS board. I wasn't scolding you personally
which was why I didn't use your name and why I sent it to the entire
list. Over several administrations various people have talked about a
lack of board response. This does not appear to be a problem with a
particular NABS administration, as the issue has been raised to at
least four NABS administrations to my knowledge (including mine), but
I think is simply a consequence of being part of a national
organization run by volunteers. I think this is important feedback for
the board to have and to continually pay attention to. On the other
hand, though, I also think it's important for all NABS members to have
some patience and to be persistent if their initial questions go
unanswered.

Best,
Arielle