[nabs-l] {Disarmed} Fw: WTF? Walgreen's to use accounting gimmick to rip off Thomas Peralta. Yes, Thomas Peralta.

Thomas Peralta tinypaws8491 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 17:50:55 UTC 2014

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:35 AM, "Paul Hogarth, Daily Kos" <campaigns at dailykos.com> wrote:

Thomas, if someone cheated you out of $4 billion, would you keep giving them your money?

Sign the petition from Daily Kos and a large coalition letting Walgreens know that if they abandon the U.S., we will abandon them. No more shopping at Walgreens if they cheat us out of $4 billion by renouncing their U.S. citizenship and moving to a Swiss tax haven. Click here to add your name.

Walgreen’s—the “pharmacy America trusts” that got its start in my home state of Illinois—is about to renounce its U.S. citizenship for tax purposes, moving its official headquarters to Switzerland.

Walgreen’s would still depend on Americans to shop at its stores, on our roads and bridges, on our educated workforce, on our legal system and many other things that its taxes are supposed to help pay for. But we would lose $4 billion in tax revenue over the next five years.

It gets worse. Walgreen’s also receives $17 billion per year from Medicare and Medicaid prescription sales, so one-fourth of its revenue comes from taxpayer-funded programs.

Signature needed: Walgreens must not cheat American taxpayers out of $4 billion by becoming a Swiss company. If they abandon us, we will abandon them.

Keep fighting,
Paul Hogarth, Daily Kos

To unsubscribe from ALL Daily Kos emails, visit this link. To opt-out ONLY from action emails, visit this link.