[nabs-l] President for the student division

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 04:24:58 UTC 2014

Hi Shikha,

I think it is perfectly normal for anyone to be anxious about becoming
president of a student division. In fact, I think it is a good sign
that you are concerned about the responsibility and not overly
confident about your ability to manage things. It will help you listen
to others and become a better leader over time.
I would suggest talking to both your affiliate president and the
current GABS president to find out what the job entails and what would
be expected of you. Each state student division is different, so you
will get the best advice from folks in your own state.
Generally the job involves organizing at least one seminar each year,
fundraisers and socials throughout the year, managing the member list
and bank account along with the treasurer, and leading regular board
meetings. However, some student divisions are more active than other
in terms of event frequency and complexity.
Best of luck!
Arielle