[nabs-l] Re- The Nfb timeraining Centers

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:51:06 UTC 2014

Dear Students,

I'd like to post my thoughts about the Nfb training centers.  I
think that each of these centers do a great job of preparing
their students for college and the working world.  As a college
student I think that attending a training center allows us to
enhance the skills that we have received prior to attending one
of the Nfb training centers.  When I was in elementary school, my
mom and I spent a weekend at the Rehab Center for the Blind and
Visually impaired in Daytona Beach, Florida.  During this event I
learned how to prepare sandwiches for lunch.  Since then my
independence has decreased and my mom and sisters have continued
to help me with certain tasks.  A few years ago I began to heat
my own food in the microwave for lunch.