[nabs-l] Re- The Nfb timeraining Centers

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 22:51:15 UTC 2014

Hi, Roana,

I am a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve with this
message.  Are you asking for other's opinions on the centers, wanting
to know how to get into one, or how to increase independence?  I was a
little confused by your first statement that the centers do a great
job of preparing students for independent college life, followed by
your description of your situation and the rehab center in Daytona
Beach.  I hope fellow listers can help in the way that you are seeking
with some clarification.

On 8/12/14, Roanna Bacchus via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Dear Students,
>
> I'd like to post my thoughts about the Nfb training centers.  I
> think that each of these centers do a great job of preparing
> their students for college and the working world.  As a college
> student I think that attending a training center allows us to
> enhance the skills that we have received prior to attending one
> of the Nfb training centers.  When I was in elementary school, my
> mom and I spent a weekend at the Rehab Center for the Blind and
> Visually impaired in Daytona Beach, Florida.  During this event I
> learned how to prepare sandwiches for lunch.  Since then my
> independence has decreased and my mom and sisters have continued
> to help me with certain tasks.  A few years ago I began to heat
> my own food in the microwave for lunch.

Kaiti