[nabs-l] Universities with a Graduate Program for Special Education of the Blind

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:34:08 UTC 2014

Hi, in the great northwest, we have Portland State University. It is
in a great metro area with great transportation. We are in dire need
of teachers in the northwest; I'm pretty sure 100% of the last few
classes at Portland State have left with a job. The cohort runs every
2 years, so you'll have to check on whether they are taking an
incoming class when you're interested in applying.

I am on the board at the Washington State School for the Blind. We
have just got state approval for funding of a house to be built on the
property to house interns. So wherever you go, keep that in mind as
few internship programs provide that type of support for interns.
Vancouver, WA is just across the river from Portland and although a
smaller town, Vancouver offers good transportation.

Please feel free to contact me off list if you'd like to connect with
anyone who has gone through the program. I know several blind people
who have gone through the program and who are successfully employed.

Cindy