[nabs-l] Training centers

Valerie Gibson valandkayla at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 22:06:31 UTC 2014

I couldn't agree more.
I am currently in the process of training my own guide dog, and, not that I'd ever do this, but if I were helping to train or training a guide dog for someone else or was affiliated with a school  where I believed in it's training philosophies, I don't see why i wouldn't be able to train the guide dog team, after having first assessed the team as individuals and as a team as a whole.  But as stated in my last email, there  are too many schools with too many philosophies on  how training should be done and the breed of     dog best suited for any     trainer to come to a center and say, "I'll train the lot".  Not all guide dog schools agree on training methods, which     is why you have so many schools in the first place.
The      only thing that I'd have real hesitation on in regards to dog training is aggressive dogs, and I hate to say it, but I've seen some aggressive guide dogs.  I had a guide dog do some grand standing to my dog in training, who was at the time four months old.