[nabs-l] Training centers

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:27:06 UTC 2014

Hi Antonio,

I definitely agree that for most jobs it doesn't matter if you're
blind or not and we shouldn't segregate ourselves.  Being blind
does make one more qualified for certain jobs though.  If I want
someone to teach me blindness skills like O and M or daily living
skills or how to use a dog, I'd much rather have a blind person
doing it because they have experience using the things they're
teaching instead of just learning them from a book.  For the same
reason, if I want to be a lawyer or a social worker I'd rather
study under people who have practiced as lawyers or social
workers.  It's not about discrimination; it's about the
difference between book knowledge and practical knowledge.

Best,
Karl