[nabs-l] campus employment

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 22:38:42 UTC 2014

Hi Ashley, I've had four different campus jobs none of which
needed more than minimal accommodation.  The school I used to go
to had and SI (Supplemental Instruction) program where they pay
students to retake classes and then hold study sessions with
students after class, so I did that for a few semesters.  I also
worked as an individual tutor.  The only things I needed help
with was filling in payroll sheets and having the secretary in
the office I worked out of date the sheets my students had to
sign.  I also got the books for the classes I was tutoring and
SIing for in accessible format from the publisher.  At my new
school, they hire students already sitting in the class to take
notes for whoever has trouble taking notes on their own, and
since I already type my notes on my Apex, I have done that a few
times as well.  And this summer I had an internship with the
philosophy department where I read articles and summarized them
to cut down on the professor's work load and where I also did
some editing for books and articles that professors are writing.
I had the DSS office convert some PDFs to DOC for me when they
wouldn't convert properly with my PDF converter, and I asked
professors to send me the things they wanted me to edit in DOC
format, but other than that I didn't need any accommodations.

Hope this gives you some ideas,
Karl