[nabs-l] Back to school

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 11:49:28 UTC 2014

Good morning, I know some are really uptight
about "disclosing" but, i would like to echo
Jonathan, here, if we, as blind people don't
initiate the revelation of our blindness to those
with whom we must work, such as the pole workers,
or to jobs, the utter shock displayed by
Ol'Sighty, will render them unseeing of ourr
capacities. They will be shocked,
blinded  themselves by all the crap this, and
other cultures  teaches people about blindness.
Openness, at least in my experience, is always
the way to go!accomodations and needs so we can
be successful in our classes with
>our sighted peers.
>
>I hope this helps
>
>Jonathan

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.”
— Charlie Chaplin