[nabs-l] Back to school

jonathan franks franks.jonathan13 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 01:54:51 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I will actually be starting school next week for the second half of my
Junior year at The University of Texas.

I try to always communicate with my professors about my blindness
ahead of time. That way you and your instructor can work out a system
for the visual aspects and the non-accessible portions of the course.
Many teachers do not have experience with working with blind students
in my experiences. It is up to educate and advocate for our
accomodations and needs so we can be successful in our classes with
our sighted peers.

I hope this helps

Jonathan