[nabs-l] Typing While Talking

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 24 23:10:22 UTC 2014

Hello Rahul,
I agree with Chris. It is also difficult for me to type, listen to my screen
reader, and speak to another person.
I would strongly urge you to use a braille notetaker in meetings for notes.
if not a notetaker, can you get a braille display?
I know you live outside the US, and its expensive, but if at all possible,
hooking a display to your pc will eliminate the need  to listen to the pc
screen reader.

If its not in a meeting, you can ask people to stop while you write a few
notes. Sighted people do this as well.

Also, if you are the only one reading the notes, assuming you know braille,
a old fashioned perkins brailler can work too.

Good luck.
Ashley