[nabs-l] Typing While Talking

Antonio Guimaraes freethaught at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:32:58 UTC 2014

Ashley,

Perkins braillers are too noisy to bring into most meeting environments. Slates are too slow for most people. Recording is not always legal, as you pointed out.

Besides other things that have been suggested, I would recommend working in a file with the agenda at the top of the file. You can move the cursor to the end, and type extemporaneously while the meeting is going on.

You might put special characters, or strings of text in when there is a change in subject.

You’ll not get much done by hearing everything you type, so turning off any typing echo is a good idea. You can arrow up if need be, ad you’re safe by always jumping to end of text when you need to write something new.

Your colleagues will thank you for keeping the meeting on topic if you keep notes to the agenda.

Hope this helps,

Antonio