[nabs-l] marketing class accomodation

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 19:54:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Who has taken marketing? did you like the class? I want to learn more about the business environment and thought this would be a decent one.
But, the professor I wanted has been changed to another one. I will try that, provided we can work out accomodations.

Here is the issue. The professor assigns a semester long project with some interactive game. Its video based. With low vision and relying on my screen reader primarily, I cannot do the assignment. I asked for a work around, a substitute or work with a partner.

I see her tomorrow to begin class. She informs me via email, no substitute is available and tells me how much the project is worth. Additionally she says I cannot work with a partner.
I feel she needs to make accomodations.

If I cannot get a work around such as doing a paper instead, I figure I will have to drop the class. Most of her class sounds doable; lectures; discussions, and some videos. But I think I could mostly participate. it’s the homework that is the barrier.

So, what do I do? I am asking my dss counselor for advice. But sometimes she sides with professors. So we will just see.
I know one thing. There is no way I’m wasting my money in a class where I cannot do an assignment worth slightly over 100 points. We have about 900 total possible points.

Thanks.
Ashley