[nabs-l] highschool question

kcj21 kcj21 at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 29 16:04:21 UTC 2014

Hi Ana,
       I , like everyone else, had difficulty making friends in high school. Besides participating in after school activities, I suggest that you take a class like art, drama, chorus, or P.E. These classes tend to be less structured and give you a lot of social time and group projects. You should also listen when the teacher calls role to see if you recognize any names from other classes. Most importantly, try to open about your disability. If your peers see that you are comfortable with discussing and answering questions about your blindness, then they will be more comfortable and will talk to you more easily.
Best of luck,
Kaley