[nabs-l] highschool question

Sofia Gallo gopgirl73 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:57:03 UTC 2014

Definitely second the advise of being open about blindness or any
other disabilities. Most of my friends now were originally kind of
uncomfortable around me because they had never met a blind person
before and didn't know what to expect, but relaxed a lot when I was
willing to answer questions and talk about it.

Also, I'm in college now, but someone in high school asked me to sit
with her in lunch and from there I met a lot of people. One thing I've
learned is that when you're sitting in a table with a ton of people
you have to jump in to the conversation and not wait until someone
talks to you directly. I struggled with that in middle school but
learned it in high school and made a lot of friends after that because
it wasn't awkward anymore.

Sofia