[nabs-l] mobility skills quesiton

Yadiel Sotomayor yadosoto at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:18:42 UTC 2014

Well, first we need to know where you live. Once we know that, I'm sure we could help you find a good mobility instructor.

On the matter of sidewalks, I live in a very rural part of Puerto Rico, so I don't have any sidewalks here either. That said, I find that, if one is very careful and pay attention, you can walk on the street without any major difficulties. That said, I do not recommend this if it is a very busy street. In that case, I find walking along the shoulder of the road is best.

Hope this helps.

Yadiel J. Sotomayor
Treasurer,
National Federation of the Blind of Puerto Rico

La National Federation of the Blind sabe que la ceguera no es la
característica que define tu futuro o a ti.  Todos los días elevamos las
expectativas de los ciegos, porque las bajas expectativas crean obstáculos
entre los ciegos y su futuro.  Puedes vivir la vida que queres, la ceguera
no te lo impide.