[nabs-l] Advice needed

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 06:53:12 UTC 2014

Dropping a person from a program only makes sense if the health
problem involved would impact that course though.  It sounds like
although it was an issue before it isn't now, so I do not see dropping
her from the program as right.

I think Michael is right in his assessment of options.  I think your
advisor is overstepping his bounds here, and that if the dean has no
problem with you taking the course and it won't be an issue for you,
then you could use the dean as an ally here.  I also think that if
this course is something you're passionate about you should take it,
but if the battle is more trouble than it is worth you might want to
consider whether or not you want a battle on your hands since the
course isn't needed for you to meet graduation requirements.

But, it would be helpful to know what this course is.

Kaiti