[nabs-l] Individualism and Following a Leader

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:17:49 UTC 2014

Hello Arielle,

I have always enjoyed your posts to the email list, and this one is no
exception. I think you bring up a good point about people being able to
respectfully bring up things with others in which they disagree. I know I
have struggled with this myself, and I have most likely pushed people away
as a result. However, I have learned that when you have an attitude of
simply wanting the best for the organization that it helps to make these
kinds of conversations less personal. I think when you share the common goal
of making the organization the best that it can be that it helps people find
some common ground when there are disagreements.

However, it has taken me quite some time to learn this lesson in life, so I
hope leaders in our organization can understand that not everyone may
possess this skill. As difficult as it may be sometimes, I think one of the
most important things about being a leader is being willing to listen to
everyone regardless of what they may have to say. Whether it be good or bad,
simply taking the time to seriously consider what someone has to say can
really go a long way in my opinion.

But again Arielle, thank you for providing your point of view on things as
someone who has served as a leader within this organization. I believe your
thoughts, insights, and explanations of how things took place under your
leadership is rather valuable for those who wish to become the next leader
within our organization.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth