[NABS-L] Job Interview: Seeking Advice on Disclosing my Disability

Darrell Hilliker darrell.hilliker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 16:33:00 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,
I am not ashamed of my disability, but, I know this…
I’ve tried this both ways.
Every time I have disclosed my blindness before the interview, I have not even gotten to the interview.
Most of the time, when I have not disclosed my blindness before the interview, I have actually gotten to an interview, and, sometimes, even gotten hired.
I think it’s just the facts of life that it is risky to disclose too early.
Take care,
Darrell

Sent from my iPhone