[NABS-L] BrailleNote Touch questions

Sami Osborne sami.j.osborne97 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 15:16:03 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I have a few somewhat unrelated questions for those who use the BrailleNote Touch.

I've had mine for over a year now, and am really enjoying it so far. I feel that it's definitely an improvement over the Apex, especially in terms of crashing and other things. However, there are some things easily accomplished on the Apex that I haven't been able to figure out on the Touch yet. I've looked in the user guide as well as searched up things on Humanware's website, however the user guide is rather vague in some places (at least less clear than the Apexs' was), and there's nothing on the website about these things.

First of all, how can you keep email attachments that you receive on the device? In my experience, you can save the attachment, but there might be times when you just decide to open it for some quick reading and then refer to it afterwords. Also, for some reason, if you open the attachment directly and then intend to go back to it, the document (and sometimes the whole email itself) will just randomly disappear with no explanation. Has anyone had that happen to them?

Also related to email, is there a way to  just quickly select multiple recipients? Whenever I've had to do this, I would add the name and email address in my contacts, and then choose the button that says "Select recipient." However there may be times when you need to send an email once to multiple people, and you might not need to always keep their addresses. On the Apex, it will just say "Send to:," "Also send to:," "Copy to:," and "Blind copy to:." Also while we're on that note, is there a way to copy/blind copy someone on an email with the Touch.

Finally, is there a way to navigate between pages in Google Drive or Docs? I tried pressing SPACE with M for the context menu, but it doesn't give me that option, plus SPACE with T to navigate elements, but that doesn't work in those kinds of documents. I know you can find a specific term which can bring you to the next page, but you may not always know what words are contained in the document, so I think it would be easier to scroll between pages.

I hope you guys who use a BrailleNote Touch can help me out, because these quirky new adjustments from the Apex are really starting to get to me.

Thanks for your help,

Sami