[NABS-L] Disclosure of Blindness

JASON ALAMILLO leadershipjba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 00:20:23 UTC 2019

Hi Abby, I would not personally disclose my blindness in the application or the interview. Just speaking based on things I’ve done and some advise I’ve gotten, I would just let them think what they do. When you fill out the application, just fill out what you’re good at, and why you’d like to work for them. The same in the interview, just tell them why they should hire you, no matter if they can see that you’re blind or not. Let them see how skilled you are and that they would lose out by not letting you work for them, and then you can talk about your disability when you get the job, for if you need to make any accommodations or something like that. I hope this helps.