[NABS-L] Disclosure of Blindness

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 12:44:45 UTC 2019

Hi, Abby!
	I don't think there is just one right answer to this question. Personally, I would not indicate your blindness on the application. Submit your resume and other materials, just as anyone else would. However, depending on the degree of sight that you have, it may not be feasible to avoid the topic at an interview. I would disclose this knowledge at that time if necessary, especially if you feel that you will need accommodations. Furthermore, your employer may have questions about how you will complete the job as a blind person. These questions aren't exactly the most fair, but it may happen. Sometimes, it's better to get that out of the way ahead of time, but like I said before, it's about finding which approach works best for you. __
Best of luck!
nina

Nina Marranca
Moderator | National Association of Blind Students Mailing List
Co-chair | Communications Committee
Ninam0814 at gmail.com